Do you want to change your name on Facebook? It’s easy. Today, we would talk about how to change your name on Facebook.
What if you’re a trans woman and want to change your name on Facebook? Are you worried that people will find out about it? Does this have any effect on your personal or professional life? This article will help you understand the different options available to change your name.
Facebook is a social networking website that allows users to share pictures, videos, news, and messages with their friends. It has a large user base and is one of the most popular social media websites in the world.
You can also customize your Facebook profile with different information such as status updates, events you are attending, and other details. You can also choose to change your name if you have a new name you would like to use.
Many people have started to use Facebook as a medium for their personal and professional profiles. As you know, Facebook is one of the most used social networking platforms. If you are one of them, then it is necessary to know how to change your name on Facebook.
If you want to change your name on Facebook, then you can do so. But first, let’s take a look at why some people might want to change their names.
So let’s ride;
Why Change Your Facebook Name?
Most of us probably have a Facebook account, there could be different reasons for different individuals for wanting to change their names on Facebook.
There are certain situations when you need to change your name on Facebook. For example, you may want to change your name after marriage or if you were married by a minister and changed your name afterwards.
However, there are times when you may want to change your name on Facebook because the name you use isn’t exactly what you would like it to be.
How Often Can You Change Your Name?
How often can you change your name on Facebook? This is a common question that many people ask. The answer to this question is quite simple, you can change your name on Facebook every time you want to, as long as you have the necessary information to do so.
But, unfortunately when it comes to changing of your name you don’t have the final say as to when or how many times you should carry it out. There is a limit to it. This limit is imposed by Facebook itself and not by the law.
Facebook has its own name changing system that allows you to change your name on Facebook. However, this system is limited to a maximum of 60 days. This is because the new name needs to be approved by Facebook before it can be used.
Once your name has been approved, you can use it on all your social media accounts and other applications that use Facebook for authentication.
In otherwords, You can only change your name once every 60 days.
Why Can’t I Change My Name On Facebook?
Facebook has been making changes to its platform since its inception. Facebook has been changing its platform from time to time, and it has also been made changes in name policy.
Facebook has not been allowing users to change their names on Facebook for quite some time now.
The following are some reasons you might not be able to change your name on Facebook;
- If you have an account on Facebook, you might have noticed that you can’t change your name on Facebook. The reason behind this is because Facebook doesn’t allow any changes to your name. This is because Facebook doesn’t want to allow anyone to create fake accounts.
- You may not be able to change your name if your name does not align with the Facebook’s name policy.
- Another reason why you might not be able to change your name is because, you probably have changed your name in the last 60 days. Don’t forget there is a limit as to how many times you can change it in a month.Therefore, changing it too frequently may cause you to be rejected.
- Your inability to change your name could be as a result of Facebook’s limit on initials, characters, capital letters.
- You were prompted to confirm your name on Facebook before, and maybe you did not.
- The name you’re attempting to change it to violates Facebook’s rules for possible platform names.
Facebook Name Rules.
- Your name cannot contain characters from more than one language.
- Professional, religious, or other titles of any kind are not permitted.
- Offensive or suggestive language is strictly prohibited.
- Numbers, symbols, unusual capitalization, repeating characters, and punctuation are not permitted in your name.
- Words or phrases that represent organisations instead of persons.
Conditions Required To Change Your Name.
A person can change his/her name on Facebook as often as he/she wants. But, there are certain conditions that have to be fulfilled. To change your name on Facebook, you need to meet the following conditions:
- You must be a registered user of Facebook.(To register visit m.facebook.com)
- You must have your current profile picture uploaded and be tagged with the same name as the new name you want to change.
- You must have an email address associated with your account.
Does Facebook Allow Nicknames?
Yes, however, Facebook allows names, such as:
How To Change Your Name On Facebook.
If you want to change your name on Facebook, but don’t know how to do it or where to start, here are some useful tips and a step-by-step guide:
- Log in to Facebook.
- Go to the upper right corner of the screen and click on the drop-down menu.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on ‘Account Settings’.
- Click on ‘Edit’ next to ‘Account Name’.
- Now tap on “Change Name” option in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Type in your new name and click ‘Save’.
How To Change Your Name On The Facebook Mobile App.
1.Open the Facebook app on your mobile.
2.Click the icon that looks like three horizontal lines.
3.Select Settings & Privacy > Settings.
4.Choose Personal Information > Name.
5.Enter the name you want to show.
6.Click the Review Change button.
7.Enter your account password to confirm.
8. Press save changes.
How To Change Your Name On Facebook For iPhone?
1: Open your Facebook application.
2: Then, tap on the three ‘horizontal lines’ in the bottom right.
3: Now, scroll down to see ‘settings & privacy’.
4: Tap on ‘settings & privacy’.
5: Then select ‘settings’.
6: Choose ‘personal information’.
7: Now, press ‘name’.
8: Enter your new name or modify the existing.
9: After that, tap ‘review change’.
10: Enter your password.
11: Press ‘save changes’.
What Happens When You Change Your Name On Facebook?
Just as we know, Facebook has a unique feature called “Name Change” that lets you change your name. When you change your name on, the new name will be added to your profile and all of your friends will be notified about the change.
As the change will be visible to your friends and family members only, the social media platform will not make any changes to your profile, including photos, videos, events and other posts.
More so, the system will ask you to verify your new name with the help of a link. Clicking on the link will redirect you to a page where you will be asked to enter the current name.
Entering your new name, click the submit button and your name will be changed on Facebook.
Facebook lets you change your name on the platform once you have reached a certain level of activity. For example, you can change your name to something more memorable like “Amanda Great” or “Stephen Hawking”.
However, it does not allow you to change your name more than once in a month. However, if you are planning to change your name for a particular reason, then it is advisable to wait for at least a month before changing it again.
When you change your name on Facebook, the new name will appear in all of your activity. To get a notification when this happens, visit the Edit Profile page and check the box next to “Receive a notification.
I hope this article has been helpful in demostrating to you how to change your name on Facebook. You can share this article too. Drop your comments.